IHOP-OCALA AND FSM STATEMENT OF FAITH
Please read the following:
1. WE BELIEVE that only the sixty-six books of the Bible are the inspired, and therefore inerrant, Word of God. It is the final authority for all we believe and how we are to live (Matt. 5:18; John 10:35, 17:17; 2 Tim. 3:16- 17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21.
2. WE BELIEVE that the one true God exists eternally in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these, being one God, are equal in deity, power, and glory. We believe that God not only created the world but also now upholds, sustains, governs, and providentially directs all that exists and that He will bring all things to their proper consummation in Christ Jesus to the glory of His name (Ps. 104, 139; Matt. 10:29-31, 28:19; Acts 17:24-28; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 1:9-12, 4:4-6; Col. 1:16-17; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 1:4-6.)
3. WE BELIEVE that Satan, originally a great and good angel, rebelled against God, taking a multitude of angels with him. He was cast out of God’s presence and is at work with his demonic hosts to establish his counter-kingdom of darkness and evil on the earth. Satan was judged and defeated at the cross of Christ and will, at the end of the age, be cast forever into the lake of fire which has been prepared for him and his angels (Matt. 12:25-29, 25:41; John 12:31, 16:11; Eph. 6:10-20; Col. 2:15; 2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 6; Rev. 12:7-9, 20:10.)
4. WE BELIEVE that Adam was originally created in the image of God, righteous and without sin. In consequence of his disobedience, Adam’s posterity are born subject to both imputed and inherent sin, and are therefore by nature and choice the children of wrath, justly condemned in the sight of God, wholly unable to save themselves or to contribute in any way to their acceptance with God (Gen. 1-3; Ps. 51:5; Is. 53:5; Rom. 3:9-18, 5:12-21; Eph. 2:1-3.)
5. WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is God incarnate, fully God and fully man, that He was conceived and born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and offered himself as a penal, substitutionary sacrifice for sinners. By the blood of His cross He obtained for us eternal redemption, the forgiveness of sins, and life everlasting. He was raised bodily on the third day and ascended to the right hand of the Father, there to make intercession for the saints (Matt. 1:18-25; Jn. 1:1- 18; Rom. 8:34; 1 Cor. 15:1-28; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 3:10-14; Phil. 2:6-11; Col. 1:15-23; Heb. 7:25; 1 Pet. 2:21-25; 1 Jn. 2:1-2.)
6. WE BELIEVE that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. No ordinance, ritual, work, or any other activity on the part of man is required in order to be saved. This saving grace of God, through the power of the Holy Spirit, also sanctifies us by enabling us to do what is pleasing in God’s sight in order that we might be progressively conformed to the image of Christ (John 1:12-13, 6:37- 44, 10:25-30; Acts 16:30-31; Rom. 3-4, 8:1-17, 31-39; Eph. 2:8-10; Phil. 2:12-13; Titus 3:3-7.)
A full copy of our statement of Faith is available upon request.